Manager, Financial Reporting and Analysis
Finance | New York
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Who you are:
You are experienced, proactive, driven and a proven leader to be a Manager in its Global Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team.
You will play a critical role in driving decision-making and the Company’s overall business planning and forecasting process.
This role is based in NYC and will report to the Senior Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (based in Seattle), who reports to the Vice President of FP&A (based in New York). You will manage one Financial Analyst also based in New York and be a key contributor with room to grow within the FP&A Team.
You are a self-starter who is equally good at collaborating collaborate with various cross-functional strategic partners across the business and within our team, to deliver outputs that are relied heavily upon by the Global Leadership Team and our Board of Directors.
You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, can effectively manage to expected and unexpected deadlines, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity and are adept at manipulating large data sets to generate actionable insights and results.
Your Next Challenge:
As the Manager of FP&A at Getty Images, each day can bring a new challenge and opportunity for growth. However, some of your recurring day to day responsibilities would include:
Revenue Forecasting & Budgeting
- Oversee the quarterly financial forecasting and annual budgeting process for global Revenue- working closely with Business Intelligence Sales, Creative Product and the broader FP&A team.
- Work with Sales and broader financial and accounting teams to understand monthly Revenue performance drivers, develop a thorough understanding of variances to expected performance and skillfully communicate Revenue results to the CFO, Global Leadership Team and the Board
- Work with the rest of FP&A Team to create insightful, accurate, timely monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reporting for the Board of Directors
- Partner closely with the Sales Analyst team to develop the annual sales targets by geography, product line and ultimately by sales teams/individuals
- Skillfully create new and navigate existing complex financial models to support these efforts
- Create monthly P&L report for CFO- highlighting monthly and YTD results vs. expectations
- As needed, Assist Business & Corporate Development teams on M&A and Partnership deals to play a role in evaluating revenue, gross margin and costs
Management of the Long-Term P&L Forecast Model
- Own the long-term P&L financial model- updated as part of the quarterly forecast and annual budgeting process, as well as ad hoc as required
- Review inputs to the long-term model to identify accuracy, reasonableness, and plausibility of longer-term projections
- Maintain a complex model and evolve the model to become a more dynamic tool for scenario and sensitivity analysis on an ad hoc basis
- Prepare documents to communicate long-term model financials in a succinct, accurate fashion to both internal and external stakeholders
- Be comfortable calculating and explaining Revenue and Profit CAGRS and leverage scenarios.
Gross Margin Analysis, Forecasting, and Reporting
- Liaise closely with Seattle Accounting team to review gross margin % vs. forecast each month- work with Accounting team to ‘close’ gross margin each month
- Write detailed variance analysis and commentary for CFO on gross margin performance each year
- Prepare product-level gross margin analysis and forecast for each quarterly Reforecast
- Prepare annual product-level gross margin budget for next plan year (and as needed for the longer-term forecast period.
- Compile gross margin analysis and data for the BOD as needed
- Work closely with Creative and Editorial content teams to help optimize gross margin
Business Partner to key Functional teams
- Be a strong, vocal financial business partner key business functions as needed- helping them understand their profit drivers, evaluate quarterly forecasts and develop annual budgets.
- Work closely with the heads of each business to review monthly financial results, assist with quarterly forecasting and annual budgeting and other Board of Director presentations
- Identify opportunities to develop strategic value-added analyses around growth opportunities, expense optimization, and key business metrics and to drive better decisions and results
Manager & Developer
- Responsible for the supervision and development of one financial analyst.
- Demonstrate a passion to teach, coach and mentor someone earlier in their career.
- Effectively deliver valuable feedback, coaching and goal development for an Analyst role.
- Maintain team deadlines, drive deliverables, evolve output, drive efficiencies, etc.
What You’ll Need:
- BA/BS degree with an emphasis in quantitative disciplines such as finance, economics, engineering, statistics or accounting; MBA or CPA a plus.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience in a highly analytical environment - finance, consulting firm, investment bank, corporate strategy experience welcome
- Minimum of 3 years of prior experience as a people Manager.
- P&L management experience and a solid understanding of accounting principles required
- Strong communication skills with the ability to moderate based on audience and present confidently and cohesively to the Global Leadership team and to the BOD as needed.
- Ability to partner with a range of cross-functional partners some of whom will have little to no financial knowledge or training
- Expert/advanced expertise in Excel is required, and experience in preparing complex financial models and manipulating large datasets; familiarity with model architecture, formula efficiency, data cubes, pivot tables and macros
- Strong financial modeling skills and business acumen, with the ability to drive projects from start to finish. We’re looking for someone who is comfortable working in detail and with granularity, but who can, more importantly, step back and think higher level.
- Experience in Hyperion Essbasestrongly preferred
- Experience with SQL will be a great asset for this role
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.