Director, Strategic Development
Business Development | Singapore
Location: This role can be based in either Singapore or any other part of SEA or Northern Asia if the applicant has the necessary experience and aptitude for the role.
Who You Are:
You're a seasoned business development executive, who thrives on discovering, quantifying, presenting and executing new business opportunities. You're skilled at developing commercial partnerships and your heart beats for digital media, technology and innovation.
Your Next Challenge:
The Director (or Senior Director) Strategic Development identifies, analyzes and evaluates new revenue and new business opportunities for consideration by senior management of the Company. This role creates appropriate recommendations and business plans for developing, launching and operating potential new business opportunities and may or may not be involved in the actual day to day management or operation of any identified and approved new business opportunities after their launch. The job responsibilities include:
- Identifying, negotiating and executing a wide array of partnerships, including content licensing, new technology platforms, integrations and distribution
- Managing the entire deal process and working closely with internal departments, including legal, content, marketing, product, finance, technology and sales
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with platforms, including social, marketing and UGC. Also, new technology and online e-commerce businesses
- Monitoring the competitive environment, identifying and communicating key market and business information to senior executives
- Supporting broader strategic and product planning efforts, including new and sizing markets, business modeling and full PnL reporting
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant and/or management experience in this field
- Knowledge of established and digital media industries, and significant experience in digital media, consulting and business development
- Knowledge and understanding of digital industries, innovation, technology and emerging business models
- Experience with global markets is preferred
- Ability to negotiate deals and shepherd through entire contract process; requires experience and comfort working with contracts and multiple stakeholders
- Strong, proven project management experience with excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
- Ability to deal with all levels of management, including executive management, successfully
- Willingness to travel
- Strong knowledge of the latest trends in digital content creation, distribution and online advertising (e.g. RTB, DMPs, native advertising, etc.)
- Contacts in both media and technology companies, has c-level contacts and experience building those relationships
- Web-oriented business savvy, and understanding or ecommerce businesses and platforms
- Ability to learn necessary core technology and business initiatives quickly
- Knowledge and use of web analysis or data measurement programs
- Proficient in MS Office / G Suite
- Superior communication skills across all media
- Ability to think strategically and collaborate within a team setting
- Education and Certifications
- B.S./B.A. in marketing, business or related field
- MBA preferred, but not required
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer.