Picture Desk Editor
Editorial Content | New York
Who You Are:
You have a passion for pictures and a commitment to upholding editorial integrity. You thrive in the fast-paced, 24/7 world of news, sports, and entertainment, working accurately and efficiently under deadline. You have excellent news judgment and are fluent in social media. You are a self-starting, multitasking team player who can also assume individual responsibility for issues as they arise. You want to work for one of the world’s leading creators of images with some of the world’s best editorial photographers.
Picture Desk Editors are responsible for receiving, editing and distributing content to the global market under constant deadlines while ensuring quality and timely distribution, as well as sharing our top images on social media, keeping the gettyimages.com home page up-to-date and editing video clips for upload. Editors must be the final gatekeepers of editorial integrity. Working nights and weekends are required.
Your Next Challenge:
• Accurately and quickly review and edit images to meet Getty Images guidelines; assign ranking and routing information to designate where an image is delivered
• Exercise solid news judgment; maintain a high level of journalistic knowledge and awareness on current and trending global news, sports and entertainment events
• Monitor breaking stories trending in real-time and engage with appropriate
imagery on Getty Images’ social media handles
• Prioritize tasks according to relevancy and deadlines
• Maintain a regularly updated GettyImages.com homepage through CMS formats; monitor the website to execute updates, corrections, and thumbnail changes, and showcase featured stories to keep site current and timely
What You’ll Need:
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in the editorial photography industry
• Degree preferred
• Knowledge of photography and digital imaging; experience with industrystandard editing tools, Photoshop and asset management software
• Demonstrated knowledge of industry style of captioning and IPTC metadata standards; excellent journalistic writing and copy-editing skills
• Solid news and picture judgment with a commitment to editorial integrity
• Keen awareness of current news, sports and entertainment stories and desire to engage with appropriate imagery on Getty Images’ social media handles
• Strong understanding of photo usage rights and licenses
• Experience making basic edits with video footage desired
• Ability to accurately and efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment with high-pressure breaking news situations while maintaining thorough attention to detail
• Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team
• Proficiency in Windows 10 systems and applications
• Ability to work flexible hours, non-traditional hours and willingness to work weekends, nights & holidays
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.