Business Development Manager
Sales | Chicago
Who You Are:
The Business Development Manager is responsible for cultivating and increasing new business revenue, maximizing share of wallet and client penetration by identifying key influencers and decision makers with their target companies. The Business Development Manager has unique, specialized industry knowledge and an expert in identifying potential revenue opportunities through networking and aggressive field sales techniques.
This role plays a pivotal role in client negotiations, pricing agreements and relationship development. They work collaboratively with peers internally to ensure consistency in account planning activities, customer service standards and achievement of revenue goals. Proven long term relationship development experience and maintenance is crucial.
You're Next Challenge
- Develops new business revenue streams.
- Leverages industry experience and proven hunting skills to build new customer relationships and develop valuable revenue opportunities.
- Focuses on opportunities with significant long term potential.
- Explores and develops new business opportunities from (but not limited to) marketing lead generation, self-generation, networking, etc.
- Identifies opportunities and solution selling the portfolio of products and services to existing, high potential accounts.
- Develops sales approaches and solutions which lead to increased penetration and share of market.
- Interacts directly with clients through sales presentations and meeting, phone sales, teleconference presentations and client briefings at trade shows, sponsor presentations and industry events.
- Identifies and communicates the value proposition for key strategic account and manages the customer effectively through the sales cycle.
- Works in collaboration with sales partners and colleagues in other segments/departments to define and execute global account strategies and analysis where appropriate.
- Uses CRM diligently to track account opportunities and pipeline; follows up on customer service issues as appropriate; fulfills management reporting requirements; mentors other sales employees.
What You'll Need:
- Desired five years relevant field sales experience
- Travels to onsite client meetings
- Demonstrated ability to find and close new business
- Experience finding and closing new business opportunities, and customer relationship management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple account priorities
- Demonstrated pipeline management closing and forecasting skills
- Strong networking skills
- Proficient knowledge of all MS Office tools preferably including Microsoft CRM
- Strong communication, negotiation, presentation and proposal development skills
- Industry related knowledge preferred
- Must be able to foster and maintain relationships via telephone, email and in-person
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.