Product | Seattle
Who You Are:
You’ll draw on all aspects of your design skills as you shift between product design, interaction design, and visual design projects. And you’ll help elevate your team’s work by engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution. You back up your design decisions with well-thought-out rationale and can contribute to projects both independently and as a part of a team.
Your Next Challenge:
Getty Images believes the right image can move the world. For over 20 years, we’ve helped creative, business and media customers to define moments and shift perceptions using powerful imagery from www.gettyimages.com and www.istockphoto.com. With over 300 million images and video clips from over 250,000 creators and partners, Getty Images is a world leader in visual communications.
Join a team that’s helping shape the future of visual communications by designing tools and platforms that connect the world’s best photographers, illustrators and video creators with the customers who use their powerful imagery to move hearts, minds, and opinions.
As a Product Designer at Getty Images, you’ll collaborate closely as part of a cross-functional team and be empowered to make meaningful change. You’ll draw on all aspects of your design skills as you shift between product design, interaction design, and visual design projects. And you’ll help elevate your team’s work by engaging in regular, constructive critiques as you iterate and collaborate on defining the best possible solution. You back up your design decisions with well-thought-out rationale and can contribute to projects both independently and as a part of a team.
- Contribute to strategic decisions about your team’s roadmap in collaboration with design, product and engineering leadership.
- Partner closely with designers, product managers, engineers and researchers to design simple solutions to complex problems.
- Navigate a fast-paced agile environment with team members in different offices by balancing independent self-direction with frequent collaboration and open communication.
- Work within an established design system to consistently craft high-quality designs that are both highly aesthetic and easy to use.
- Present and share ideas and designs, backing up decisions with strong rationale.
- Embrace a culture of feedback by giving and soliciting feedback from other designers, managers, stakeholders and your cross-functional team to continually raise the bar on quality.
What You'll Need:
- At least 3 years of experience in Product Design with products that have been released to the market.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for design excellence.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, including interaction design, visual design, writing and front-end development.
- A solid history of outstanding design work and a portfolio of strong examples with stories of how your end-to-end design approach and role led to meaningful improvements.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
- Serious skills with industry-standard design tools and software like Sketch, InVision and Principle. Experience with Figma a plus.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.