Global Search Localization Scientist (Contract to Hire)
Technology | Seattle
Global Search Localization Scientist
The Global Search Localization Scientist combines deep language expertise with data science, linked data, and Natural Language Processing (NLP) to exceed customer expectations in international search.
This position works closely with the Global Vocabulary Manager, Search Editors and the Data Science team to ensure that the quality and prioritization of global search vocabulary exceeds global customer needs and standards for site search. The position investigates and drives new workflows and processes to ensure vocabulary translation is done efficiently and cost effectively while high quality standards are retained.
The position investigates and drives data-supported workflows and processes to ensure vocabulary translation is done efficiently and cost effectively while retaining quality standards.
Skills are in the areas of Localization, Graph Databases, Metadata Schema, Ontology Development, Markup Languages, Data Analysis and interpretation.
- Utilizes linked data, scripts, and NLP-based methods for search vocabulary optimization providing customers access to a wide breadth of industry leading media
- Utilizes data to understand, document, and drive development of localization approaches and processes focused on global customer search needs and trends through in-depth research and analysis
- Generates supporting documentation for vocabulary development, feature requests, or data needs across platforms and languages
- Identifies best methods for prioritization of vocabulary work across platforms and languages
- Partners cross-functionally to ensure vocabulary localization development best supports international customer and business search needs
- Provides and further develops reports that demonstrate the impact of vocabulary localization on to a broad spectrum of international customers, business partnerships, and evolving workflow processes.
- Assists in supporting vendor relationships
- Drafts and maintains guidelines to guarantee accuracy and quality of vocabulary work
- Assists in the development of tools and software aimed at improving the quality of service offered to users of the Getty Images vocabulary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Writing proficiency in one or more of the following core Getty languages preferred, including (but not limited to)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Knowledge of additional languages (beyond English and listed core languages) is a plus
- English fluency required
- Understanding of machine learning/NLP methodology and its application to localization
- Understanding of Linked Data and graph-based ontologies
- BA or higher degree with a focus on Linguistics, Information Science, Library Science, Knowledge Management, Data Science, or comparable work experience
- Understanding of online search systems
- Understanding of how rules, standards, and processes work together into a positive customer experience
- Strong logical and conceptual reasoning with a view to the big picture while maintaining sharp attention to detail
- Experience working in a customer focused environment a plus
- Ability to work successfully within a global team involving regular communication with remote team members
- A self-motivated, highly organized, creative individual
- Ability to communicate complex workflows and concepts to a broad audience
- Seeks out collaboration over many modes of communication
- Able to maintain quality while working to tight deadlines
- Thrives in an environment of change
- Natural Language Processing / NLP
- Ontology development
- Taxonomy development
- Ontological modeling
- Linked Data
- Graph databases
- Machine Learning