Editorial Content | Los Angeles
As part of the Global Archive Editing team, the Archive Editor is responsible for sourcing, editing and managing visual content to help grow Getty Images Archive world-class online offerings. From identifying and sourcing new content from both digital and analogue collections, to contract negotiations with new contributors, to editing and packaging new and existing content, the Archive Editor will have an excellent understanding of how to bring both quality and relevant historical content to market.
- Management of Archival contributors – Identifying new suitable contributors, contract negotiation, editing, handling billing/royalty questions and responding to general queries to packaging that material on gettyimages.com
- Administering and reviewing new archival submission requests
- Manage archival contract negotiations with photographers, institutions, and all potential contributors
- Collaborate with global editors to determine new signings contract renewals and terminations
- Work with internal reporting tools to determine revenue performance in order to identify content trends or content gaps
- Be the point person for key contributor accounts by maintaining excellent relations and problem solving
- Collaborate with global archive editing team, picturedesks and social media teams for timely packaging of new and existing archival content
- Proactively identify key analog material for digitizing to publish online
- Assist Rights and Clearances with finding pertinent information for licensing
- Respond to sales research, legal and marketing and PR queries
- Partner with archive team for quality control for archival assets on gettyimages.com, which includes byline issues, image credits, caption information, dates etc. in order to maximize quality and accessibility of digital database
- Proactively suggest improvements in workflow and content operations processes to improve efficiency and ‘time to market’
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of 3-4 years relevant experience in this field
- Solid visual experience in the image market (e.g., stock photo agency, commercial photography, publishing, etc.)
- Must have an excellent knowledge of history and current affairs in news, sports and entertainment
- Knowledgable of photo industry and best practices, as well as Getty Images Archive positioning in the market
- Ability to assess Archive content for quality, relevance and commercial potential
- Excellent understanding of copyright law – both global and regional.
- Experience of working with analog collections and understanding of analogue processes and handling is desired
- Candidate must be computer literate with Mac/Photoshop or Fotostation – must be able to collate and analyze data and to track content performance.
- Strong literacy and copy skills that will help package and promote content.
- Must be infinitely curious about content, as well as proven commercial instinct.
- Must be able to travel on a periodical basis
- Strong understanding of our customer base and needs.
Education and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree in History, Art History, Photography or an appropriate field
- This position may be based out of New York, Chicago, or LA
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.