Creative Content | New York
Who You Are:
You are passionate about the way imagery works. You are naturally interested in visual communication in all forms and love discussing the content that you come across. You are equal parts creative and analytical. You enjoy research and are comfortable sharing what you know with customers and creative contributors alike. You are highly organized and detail-oriented, able to manage the many moving parts of multiple work streams operating simultaneously while still meeting deadlines. You are a creative problem-solver with the ability to quickly identify problems and work independently to find appropriate solutions. You have a pulse on what’s new and next in art and culture and are not afraid to share your insights and perspective with a multi-disciplinary creative team.
Your Next Challenge:
Content Analysis and Planning
- Create subject-area lightboxes in our proprietary content management system to support content analysis.
- Conduct qualitative visual analysis of multi-format creative content, identifying themes/patterns to determine content needs and opportunities.
- Interpret proprietary search and sales data to identify and anticipate directional shifts in customer interests and content needs.
- Work with Sales partners and Picture Research teams to collect and collate relevant customer feedback on creative content.
- Find and archive relevant tear sheets/swipes from marketing/advertising and related industry publications.
- Mine external sources such as consumer research databases, world news, pop culture, advertising, fine art/photography for unique insights that will help internal and external partners understand how shifts in the global landscape will impact creative content.
- Support the broader creative research team in synthesizing findings to be presented to internal and external audiences.
- Maintain a global briefing calendar for identified content needs, providing recommendations on briefed needs across multiple regions, subject-areas and formats.
- Write contributor-facing briefs in-line with the Getty Images brand voice.
- Collaborate with the contributor relations and product teams to manage all aspects related to the deployment of briefs.
- Track the performance of contributor briefing across platforms, assessing how well we are filling priority image needs.
- Support Editors and Art Directors in shoot planning for identified content needs
- Prepare presentations to disseminate priority content needs to contributors in-person or virtually.
- Partner with global and regional marketing teams to grow key accounts by providing insights on visual trends impacting their business.
- Write insightful thought-leadership pieces for the Getty creative website that positions creative offerings as cutting-edge, high quality and industry-leading.
- Assist and/or lead the creation of customer-facing presentations about harnessing visual trends to fuel powerful brand storytelling.
- Create themed image boards and compile related data for marketing, PR-teams and site merchandising to utilize throughout the year for promotion.
- Attend seminars, panel discussions and media interviews as needed.
What You'll Need:
- At least 2-4 years of experience in a related field (e.g., advertising/marketing, research, photography, video, etc.)
- Basic visual literacy with a broad understanding of photography as a medium, trends in popular culture (film, TV, music, art), global news, etc. Video/filmmaking knowledge is a plus, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex ideas to different audiences.
- Strong research and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize and interpret large amounts of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Proven ability to manage multiple distinct projects at the same time.
- Positive, collaborative attitude with a passion for creative excellence.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who is empathic towards their peers and seeks consensus, with being a strong advocate and champion for data-driven decision making.
- Experience thriving in a fast-moving, dynamic creative environment.
- Proficiency in relevant software applications, particularly Microsoft PowerPoint (and/or Keynote) and Excel.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.