Senior Software Engineer, Streaming Data Platform
Technology | Seattle
Senior Software Engineer, Streaming Data Platform (Scala)
The Senior Software Engineer role will deliver enterprise data solutions using the latest technologies. They will grow our streaming data platform by establishing new data pipelines and will reveal key insights to our business stakeholders.
Who You Are:
You have a passion for the world of data. You are an avid technologist who is fascinated with distributed computing, machine learning, and data mining techniques. You leverage the latest tools to create innovative and cutting-edge data solutions. You strive to understand your customer’s needs and pride yourself on your speed of delivery. You flourish in a team environment, collaborating with other engineers and product development to understand business problems and drive technology solutions.
Your Next challenge:
- Deliver enterprise data solutions using the latest technologies
- Ideate on customer segmentation service opportunities using data-informed methodologies
- Grow the data platform by establishing new data pipelines and reveal key insights to our business stakeholders
- Focus on delivery with speed and quality
- Assess the impact of your features to iterate and improve
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5+ years of software engineering experience with Scala. Will also consider Java, C# or Python experience.
- Loves to write code, and a fast learner of new technologies
- An understanding of high performance, scalable distributed systems (i.e., Apache Spark, Apache Mesos, Kubernetes, Hadoop/YARN)
- Comfortable in a highly collaborative, agile working environment
- History of contributing to open source projects
- Experience creating APIs in Scala using the Play framework
- Experience with Kafka, Elastic Search, logstash, Kibana and/or Flume
- Experience working with and orchestrating containers (Docker)
- Experience with AWS: EC2, Kinesis, Terraform, etc.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.