Director, Strategic Development
Business Development | San Francisco
Who You Are:
You're a seasoned business development executive who thrives on discovering, quantifying, and presenting new business opportunities. You're skilled at developing partnerships and your heart beats for digital media.
Your Next Challenge:
The Director, Strategic Partnerships identifies, analyzes and evaluates new revenue and new business opportunities for consideration by senior management of the Company. This role creates appropriate recommendations and business plans for developing, launching and operating potential new business opportunities and may or may not be involved the actual day to day management or operation of any identified and approved new business opportunities after their launch. The job responsibilities include:
• Identifying, negotiating and executing a wide array of partnerships, including content licensing, new technology platforms, distribution, etc.
• Managing the entire deal process and works closely with internal departments, including legal, editorial, product, finance, technology and sales
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with platforms, including social, marketing and UGC. Also, new technology and online e-commerce businesses
• Monitoring the competitive environment, identifying and communicating key market and business information to senior executives
• Supporting broader strategic and product planning efforts, including new and sizing markets, business modeling and full PnL reporting
What You'll Need:
• Minimum of 5-7 years business development and experience in platforms/product partnerships space and some experience in the corp dev space.
• Knowledge of established and digital media industries, and significant experience in digital media, consulting and/or business development
• Knowledge and understanding of the Internet and technology and any emerging business models
• Experience with global markets is preferred
• Ability to negotiate deals and shepherd through entire contract process; requires experience and comfort working with contracts and lawyers
• Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
• Strong, proven project management experience with excellent analytical and problem solving abilities
• Ability to deal with all levels of management, including executive management, successfully
• Willingness to travel
• Strong knowledge of the latest trends in online advertising (RTB, DMPs, trends in native advertising, etc.)
• Contacts in both media and technology companies, has c-level contacts and experience building those relationships
• Web-oriented business savvy, and understanding or ecommerce businesses and platforms
• Ability to learn necessary core technology and business initiatives quickly
• Knowledge and use of web analysis or measurement programs
• Superior writing and editing skills across all media
• Ability to think strategically and collaborate within a team setting
• B.S./B.A. in marketing, business or related field
• MBA preferred, but not required
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.