Software Engineer - Computer Vision (Contract)
Technology | Seattle
Software Engineer – Computer Vision
Who You Are:
Getty is looking for an excellent developer who uses the right technology to solve real problems. This role will focus on software craftsmanship and will collaborate with different businesses to focus on customer value delivery. We are looking for someone that is passionate about image recognition technology and is driven by the problems found in the visual search domain. We need someone who has experience working with service-oriented architecture and consumed APIs, as well as experience developing highly distributed and scalable visual content-based applications is preferred.
Your Next Challenge:
- Developing end-to-end solutions to resolve scaling & distribution architectural problems
- Working at the top of coding-standards, continuous-integration and continuous delivery methodologies
- Working with development team and operations to support and troubleshoot development and production environments, tune and optimize code.
- Participating in a fast-moving agile process
- Pushing for improvement to process and results
- Some travel may be required
What You’ll Need:
- Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience
- Experience working with data’s scientists or applied scientists.
- Thorough understanding of OO programming, and Design Patterns
- Knowledge and experience with C#/Java/Python in production
- Knowledge and experience with SQL and No-SQL (Redis, Mongo, MemCache) in production
- Knowledge and experience with message broker software (RMQ, MSQ, AMQ) in production
- Knowledge and experience with Big Data, Deep Learning framework (Caffe, Tensorflow, etc.) are valued
- Experience working with Git
- Experience working and deploying within Windows and Linux
- Experience with Agile development practices (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with paired programming
- Experience with TDD is a plus but not required.
- Personal initiative, strong communication skills
- Experience with computer vision algorithm such as Scale-invariant feature transform (SIFT) or libraries such as OpenCV
- Public/Private Cloud infrastructure experience - such as AWS, OpenStack, etc.
- Lean Product Development