Legal Claims Data Specialist
Legal | Calgary
Who You Are:
You are a self-starter who is organized, thoughtful, and embraces the opportunity to analyze and decipher data and communications in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
The Legal Claims Data Specialist role is responsible for maintaining the case management system which houses all claims and litigation on a global basis. You will work with the global legal team to create and maintain records of claims and litigation matters, track claims data, report on claims volumes, trends, etc., and maintain the Legal Department’s internal claims-tracking software.
This position is key in helping Getty Images track and analyze incoming claims and risk, as well as maintain compliance with both internal and external reporting requirements.
Your Next Challenge:
- Primary team member responsible for maintaining the claims database, for the purpose of tracking claims volume and data using the Legal Department’s case management system;
- Gather, research and review documents (contracts, legal correspondence, discovery documents, etc.) and information as required for the legal team;
- Maintain and organize records and legal file databases as directed for claims, litigation, legal entities and corporate transactions including the development and improvement of related processes;
- Assist with management of legal professional fees budget, related invoices and expenses as directed;
- Manage or assist with the legal operations and administration functions within the Global Legal Department including data analysis and reporting; and
- Assist with resolution of some claims and liaise with Legal Content team as needed.
What You'll Need:
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong communications skills;
- Ability to effectively manage time & work on various projects concurrently;
- Strong skills in data analysis and thoughtfulness around process improvement;
- Comfortable rolling up your sleeves to get things done;
- Interest in understanding data and implementing data driven insights;
- Proficient computer literacy (internet, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years relevant administrative and/or data analysis experience.
- Experience in a legal environment an asset.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.