Manager, Product Owner Management
Technology | Calgary
You are an experienced senior agile product owner and manager with a passion for technology and a history of successfully managing people. You have several years of experience managing and delivering multiple complex technology projects for large multi-national corporations. You have a solid understanding of both Lean/Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies and prefer the former over the latter. You have experience working closely with Business stakeholders and have amazing organization and communication skills.
You set the example for tearing down walls between departments and are always promoting open and free communication within your team, outside of your team and across the organization. You are at ease with being the primary interface with business customers and executives when discussing project planning, risk, alternative solutions and priorities. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast paced environment where you look to continually grow and optimize a team of skilled and experienced Product Owners that report to you.
Your Next Challenge:
• Lead and organize a group Product Owners to balance their workload and help prioritize multi-capability projects.
• Develop the Product Owner members and help each employee achieve their goals and objectives.
• Represent Product Owner group in discussing priorities and team allocation.
• Work closely and collaboratively with Technology Managers, Principle Engineers and Directors.
• Create and maintain clear visibility into status of all projects, timelines and team allocation.
• Effectively communicate with Getty Images senior management, technology teams, and customers through regular, effective verbal and written means
• Provide guidance and ensure due diligence by Product Owners on preparation and release of large projects.
• Work with Product Owners and stakeholder groups to remove project roadblocks and ensure successful delivery.
• Help lead projects as a hands-on Product Owner for situations that require it.
• Work with Application Development Product Owner group in Calgary and at times with Product Owners outside of Application Development to share best practices and harmonize processes where possible
• Obtain a strong understanding of our products in order to shape and guide outcomes.
What You'll Need:
• BS in Computer Science, Business Communication Degree (MGIS preferred), SPC, CSM, or CAPM certification or equivalent education/experience
• 5+ years of experience with Agile based software development methodologies (Kanban, Lean, SCRUM)
• 5+ years background in complex program/project management
• Strong communication skills across all mediums.
• Proven track record of successful project management through on time and on budget delivery of planned scope.
• Extensive facilitation, problem solving, consensus building and issue resolution skills.
• Experience working with remote teams and stakeholders is an asset.
• Experience managing programs and projects with multiple dependent cycles and managing the associated impact on schedule, resources, change control, etc.
• Experience with MS Office Suite required.
• Experience with VersionOne or similar tool (Rally, Jira) is a plus.
• Able to efficiently execute tasks in a fast paced work environment.
• Able to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and demonstrate good judgment in problem solving analysis and decision making skills.
• Team player with an appropriate sense of purpose who demonstrates genuine interest in the business and your colleagues.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.