Senior Director, Head of UX Product Design
Product | Seattle
Getty Images is seeking an experienced and passionate Sr Director of UX Product Design to bring leadership, vision and creative oversight to our design team. As Head of UX Product Design you’ll represent design at Getty Images both internally and externally. You’ll be responsible for spearheading progress, establishing the standards for creative excellence, and ensuring members of your design organization have the support they need to feel happy, productive, and empowered to create outstanding customer experiences.
Your next challenge:
- Support and lead the multiple design teams who are responsible for Getty Images’ digital products.
- Provide a creative vision and strategy, not just for your design team, but for all of Getty Images.
- Recruit, onboard and develop world-class design leaders and team members.
- Craft a culture and structure that enables and encourages designers to create the best work of their careers at Getty Images.
- Champion ongoing improvements and set a high bar for creative excellence.
- Partner with senior leaders across our business to establish a clear vision, and provide guidance and support for achieving impactful results.
- Represent design with credibility, clarity, and confidence inside and outside Getty Images
- Create a broad and inclusive culture of design that everyone, regardless of title, can contribute to.
- Foster collaboration between design, product and engineering teams.
What you’ll need:
- Experience motivating and managing a team of Product Designers.
- People management experience with strengths in leading, mentoring, and coaching.
- Experience interacting with executive leadership.
- A positive and collaborative attitude with a passion for design excellence.
- Experience working with large, customer-facing e-commerce experiences, as well as complex workflow tools.
- Strong understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, including: interaction design, visual design, writing, and front-end development.
- Solid history of outstanding design work paired with an ability to coach and mentor a team.
- Knowledge of how to use data and customer research to continuously improve designs.
- Ability to balance being a strong design advocate, while remaining empathetic and seeking consensus with peers.
Success starts with having the right people. At Getty Images, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Getty Images to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.