Manager, Product Design
Product | Seattle
Your Next Challenge:
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and passionate Product Design Manager to lead and develop the design team responsible for evolving business-critical platforms and tools. Take the next step in your career as you work collaboratively across business lines to shape and execute the product vision and strategy for our contributor tools and Media Manager platform, elevating your team’s designs at every step along the way. This is an exciting opportunity take ownership of design for a broad set of tools, knowing you’ve been empowered to make meaningful change.
Your next challenge:
- Lead, support and inspire the design team responsible for our contributor tools and Media Manager platform.
- Partner closely with leaders in design, product and development to influence and execute on product vision and strategy.
- Manage and develop a team of designers, including: managing project loads and allocating designers accordingly, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for career growth and overall success.
- Ensure your team consistently creates high-quality experiences as you move from concept to release.
- Critique and provide insightful feedback to ensure designs adhere to our design system, are strong solutions and of high-quality.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 1 years of experience in a management or leadership role on a design team.
- Positive attitude, collaborative and a passion for design excellence.
- Broad understanding of end-to-end design and the many skills that fit under the title of Product Designer, including: interaction design, visual design, writing and front-end development.
- A solid history of outstanding design work and ability to coach and mentor a team towards great design.
- Proven ability to manage multiple and distinct projects at the same time.
- Ability to balance being a key partner, who has empathy towards their peers in and seeks consensus, while having a strong design presence and voice.
- Experience thriving in an agile/lean development environment.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.