Product | Seattle
Getty Images believes the right image can move the world. We deliver standout visual content to our customers, to power their commerce and ideas, and connect to their audience. For over 20 years, we’ve helped creative, business and media customers to define moments and shift perceptions using powerful imagery from www.gettyimages.com and www.istockphoto.com. Getty Images is a world leader in visual communications, with a diverse customer base and presence in over 30 countries.
In the process, we’re positively impacting the lives of millions of customers globally. Even with thousands of employees spread across multiple continents, we still maintain a culture that inspires innovation, rewards risk-taking and celebrates success.
This is a growth marketing leadership role focused on developing and executing Getty’s global SEO strategy. The position, reporting into the VP of Product will work cross-functionally with key business partners to help improve the organic discoverability across search engines for Getty Images and istockphoto.com. This is a critical role that is integral to the marketing organization including high-level visibility and interaction with our executive management team.
The VP will lead and manage a team of SEO experts helping to define and prioritize the team’s focus to delivering growth through organic search. This may require identifying gaps in team resource & skills and being able to identify and recruit appropriate professionals to the team. Responsibilities will include strategies by country as SEO plays more and more of a critical role in helping drive growth in new markets.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical to effectively measure and manage campaigns, who will relentlessly seek to improve and optimize the programs, and who will inspire a talented team to continue making SEO a competitive advantage for Getty Images.
- Lead the strategic direction and execution of the SEO function.
- Serve as the SEO subject matter expert to your team and partners across the business.
- Partner with the digital marketing team and business leaders to drive the right traffic to increase customer counts, orders, and ultimately revenue.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive SEO strategy with both technical and non-technical opportunities to grow our organic traffic.
- Leverage analytics and data to prioritize SEO projects within the overall product roadmap
- Research, measure, design, and report on the impact of SEO projects and a/b tests, while embracing a mindset of test and learn to improve future performance.
- Extract insights, identify relevant trends, and provide proactive recommendations from overall organic performance, algorithm changes, and competitive actions.
- Leverage the value of content, imagery, video, user reviews, and author sourced content and make recommendations which help reach more visitors.
- Be a believer in the power of optimizing core SEO basics, constantly.
- Collaborate with internal teams to recommend and implement SEO improvements to our core sites, with a specific focus on iStockphoto.com. Demonstrate a thorough understanding of SEO (from code to content), how it interacts with UX, and how they both can affect site performance.
- Evaluate SEO tools which can be used to further traffic goals.
- Select and manage third party vendors and experts to identify additional opportunities to maximize SEO growth.
- Work with product and technology teams to ensure that SEO considerations are factored into other projects and features.
- Recruit, retain and develop high-value team members within SEO group.
The Ideal Candidate Will Be
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or marketing, MBA is a plus.
- 10+ years of experience leading SEO teams and strategy, preferably in-house, at a minimum of two leading companies, with quantifiable success in growing the organic channel. You’ve built and expertly managed SEO at least one organization for more than 3 years, with clear, long term results.
- A strong analytical and quantitative mind, with demonstrated results in SEO.
- A great communicator, boiling complex concepts down into clear, actionable instructions
- A true collaborator, working with multiple stakeholders across teams to educate, influence, and execute.
- Willingness to dive in and research a problem from multiple points-of-view, provide supported conclusions, and lay out a clear go forward game plan.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.