Senior Accountant - Fixed Assets
Finance | Seattle
Who You Are:
You are a technical accountant with a strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You are excited by the idea of working in a fast-paced environment where you will lead the Company’s fixed asset accounting. You will also play an important role in the financial close and reporting process, including partnering with other business functions for monthly analysis. You enjoy working closely with other functional groups (including Tax and IT) and internal and external auditors. As the ideal candidate, you are a CPA with 3+ years of experience and a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. This position reports to the Accounting Manager.
Your Next Challenge:
• Analyzes balance sheet and income statement accounts and creates journal entries
• Contributes to monthly close cycle
• Engages with other functional groups to further enhance the understanding of the business as it relates to responsibilities and tasks
• Prepares internal financial statements and management reports and drafts footnote disclosures
• Provides mentorship for staff accountants and may take leadership of special projects
• Performs work independently with limited supervision and takes initiative on new projects
• Takes responsibility for all areas and projects assigned, including delegation to others
• Exercises judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining results
• Demonstrates ability to understand and explain complex accounting concepts and solve complex issues; has strong technical accounting ability
• Demonstrates ability to understand the input and output of the process tasks and accounting issues; is a subject matter expert
What You'll Need:
• Understands the relationships between various financial statement accounts
• Demonstrates strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Challenges current process/reports for continuous improvement
• Communicates effectively and leverages cross-functional problem solving
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.