Editorial Event Technician
Editorial Content | New York
Who You Are:
Imagine working and travelling with the world’s most talented photographers to the largest Sporting, Entertainment and News events around the globe. Getty Images is searching for a passionate and eager major events technician to join our team. You thrive on working in non-traditional environments (stadiums, hotel rooms and arenas) and can bring innovative solutions in the digital image workflow process.
This position requires strong technical skills in data network and server administration, both cloud and local. You will need to be able to navigate and negotiate with vendors and professional organizing entities. Your mannerism and professionalism will put your clients and team at ease you will be able to prioritize under pressure.
Finally, you’re excellent at troubleshooting and multitasking to provide services to the business. You’re always updating your knowledge and skills to stay abreast of the latest advancements in the IT industry.
Your Next Challenge:
- Develop an understanding of Getty Images; it’s customers, business, and platforms
- Solid understanding of all aspects of Windows (desktops and servers) & Mac & Linux
- Experienced in deploying wired and wireless networking technologies
- Budgeting and negotiating with vendors and event organizers for event set-up
- Specifying and purchasing required equipment for events
- All software and hardware commonly used in digital imaging workflow
- Knowledge of digital camera equipment and the ability to troubleshoot in these areas
- Ability to work in high pressure environments and in tight deadlines situations with minimal supervision.
What You'll Need:
- 3+ years relevant experience in this field
- Significant hands on experience in desktop and network support
- Experience in file transfer technology
- Understanding of TCP/IP networks and other networking technologies
- Experience in wireless capabilities (setting up wireless networks)
- Budgeting and project planning skills
- Must be able to travel internationally and domestically to events as well as maintaining a presence in the regional office
- Think on your feet/confident decision maker
- Excellent communicator as they will have to frequently communicate and educate non-technical individuals with new technical skills
- Position does require at times travel and work during evenings, weekends and holidays because you know the work you do is exciting and valuable to our clients and partners.
- Associates degree with emphasis in computer science or business or professional experience may be substituted for all or part of academic experience
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.