Finance | Seattle
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Who You Are:
You enjoy working with large data sets and various reporting tools. You have strong attention to detail and are naturally analytical. You also strive to develop and implement creative solutions to improve processes and fix issues. Because of your exceptional communication and collaboration skills, you’re often the go-to person for both your peers and business partners when they need help. Since this role also helps with our subscription processing, you’re able to work with sales peers globally to meet our customers’ needs related to access and billing. This position reports to the Revenue Accounting Manager.
Your Next Challenge:
• Reviewing complex revenue contracts and determining proper revenue allocation and deferrals.
• Maintaining and calculating required revenue adjustments needed to be compliant with US GAAP.
• Responsible for month-end revenue reporting. Maintains the general ledger by creating adjusting journal entries to revenue related accounts.
• Working with the external auditors by providing deliverables and walking through revenue-related processes.
• Prepares monthly and quarterly account reconciliations.
• Frequent ad hoc reporting as requested from Royalties, Accounting, Tax, and Financial Planning & Analysis teams.
• Reviewing subscription agreements for proper approvals, billing, setup requirements and activating the agreement to provide access to customers once all criteria are met.
• Interacting regularly with Sales team members throughout the world to ensure that revenue is processed in a timely manner and recognized in accordance with Company policies.
• Supports other ad hoc projects as needed.
What You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent work experience.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to learn and understand difficult accounting concepts.
• Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
• Knowledge of SQL querying essentials
• Demonstrates the ability to challenge current processes/reports for continuous improvement.
• Ability to effectively prioritize workload and work under tight deadlines.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written – taking into consideration language barriers and cultural differences.
• Ability to be agile, remain focused and make smart decisions in a rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment.
• Oracle knowledge strongly preferred.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.