Technology | Madison
Getty Images is looking for a Software Engineer who wants to join one of the best engineering teams in the business as part of our ingestion platform team. As an engineer at Getty Images, you will write and maintain the software responsible for delivering images and video from the biggest events in the world to our customers as fast as possible. You will play a key role in moving the world with images from the Olympics, World Cup, Fashion Week, and major news events from around the world.
We are a lean company, data-driven and committed to delivering real customer value. We are interested in finding someone who is smart, dedicated, a quick learner and raises the bar for our team. This role is focused on Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, Electron, elasticsearch, AWS and variety of related technologies. If you aren’t an expert in these technologies already we’ll help you get up to speed quickly.
Who You Are:
You love developing elegant solutions to complex problems. You are passionate about finding ways to improve quality, performance and delivery times. You have a great mix of technical and soft skills which allow you to excel in a highly collaborative, agile work environment. You are passionate about learning and working with the best language/tool for the job.
What You’ll Need:
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
* Excellent understanding of OO languages
* Knowledge of Ruby on Rails or a similar MVC framework
* Experience in developing distributed and highly available applications
* Good understanding of N-tier web applications
* Experience with Relational Databases such as PostgreSQL/MySQL/SQL Server
* Ability to learn and be mentored by your co-workers
* Initiative to work both independently and as part of a team
* Experience with a version control system
Nice To Have:
* Experience with container platforms, such as Docker
* Experience with infrastructure provision automation tools, such as Terraform
* Knowledge and work experience with public cloud resources such as AWS
* Experience with Agile software methodologies and continuous deployment
* Experience with NoSQL Databases like Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Dynamo
* Experience designing and implementing interfaces using ReactJS/Typescript, AngularJS, Knockout, or other AJAX UI libraries
* Experience building high-traffic, scalable and high performance systems
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.