Senior Business Analyst
Finance | New York
Who You Are:
The Finance team at Getty Images is seeking an individual who’s passionate about analytics and finding solutions to complex business issues. The candidate needs to have the right combination of intellectual curiosity and entrepreneurial sense to identify truth within massive amounts of data and noise with speed and efficiency. The ideal candidate should feel at home in the gray area of analytics with the end to end skills to pull data in novel ways, translate data into ideas, and ultimately story-tell those ideas into solutions.
Your Next Challenge:
The Sr. Analyst position is meant to be an analytics business partner to the broader Product, Sales, Marketing, and Content teams, as well as working directly with Executives to help answer the hardest questions the business faces. The role will be deeply involved in developing financial models to outline risk, opportunity, and optimization opportunities for the business to evaluate. In addition, the role will be responsible for monitoring business performance and diagnosing key drivers with recommendations on how to best address and react.
- Investigate and report key business indicators to the leadership teams of each of Getty Images brands with a focus on decision-driving analytics. We try and reduce analytics for analytics sake as much as possible.
- Perform ad hoc analysis to investigate business performance/trends, developing into a key business partner to various executive and other business stakeholders
- Develop sustainable automated reporting for key business stakeholders
- Develop customer insights to drive acquisition, retention and cross/upsell strategies
What You’ll Need:
- 1-3 years of work experience in a highly analytical field, specifically consulting, finance, business analytics.
- Technical skills are a must. SQL knowledge required with experience working with Hive or other cloud-based Data Warehouse tools like Snowflake preferred.
- Experience working with data visualization tools like Looker also a plus.
- Experience with Google Analytics not required but a plus.
- Advanced Excel financial modeling skills required.
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with subscription products or background in e-Commerce businesses a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or another highly quantitative discipline required.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.