Senior Manager, Corporate Counsel, Commercial
Legal | New York
Who You Are:
This role will provide legal support to numerous business functions at Getty Images, with a very strong emphasis on support of commercial matters such as regional sales, strategic development and content partners. The Corporate Counsel is expected to develop relationships with key internal and external customers by quickly and accurately drafting, negotiating and implementing a range of commercial agreements. This position provides appropriate legal guidance as and where needed as well as troubleshooting operational roadblocks.
Your Next Challenge:
• Exercise independent responsibility for partnering with the applicable business teams, providing contract drafting, negotiation and maintenance support together with legal team members in other offices.
• Independently prepare and manage legal documentation (contracts, legal correspondence, etc.) and other materials related to job duties.
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers.
• Train internal customers and present to external customers on salient legal issues affecting Getty Images’ business.
• Communicate (written and verbal) with internal and external parties, including internal and external customers, as necessary to perform job duties.
• Serve as contact for general legal issues that arise in the region.
• Occasional travel may be required.
What You’ll Need:
• Desired 5+ years relevant experience with general commercial legal matters.
• Experience at a large law firm and/or as in-house counsel, with licensing and intellectual property experience strongly preferred.
• Juris Doctorate and member in good standing with the New York state Bar.
• Strong knowledge and experience negotiating and drafting contracts and agreements independently, with an excellent attention to detail.
• Strong negotiation skills and ability to interact with senior legal and business leaders internally and externally.
• Critical analysis skills related to identifying and solving problems in a busy corporate environment.
• Experience working with and training non-legal colleagues.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
• Strong organizational and time-management skills.
• Ability to perform complex tasks with minimal direction and/or supervision.
• Ability to work productively in an evolving environment.
• Self-starting and solutions-oriented team player.
• Maintains composure during tight deadlines.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Completes work with professionalism and with integrity.
• Fluency in Spanish (reading, writing, speaking) is highly desirable.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.