Senior Director, Human Resources Americas
Human Resources | Seattle
We are looking for a creative, empathetic and progressive Senior Director of Human Resources to support our AMER region. Based in our Seattle office, you will lead, inspire and coach our AMER HR Business Partner team to provide regional expertise (both tactical and strategic) for 12 offices, while partnering closely with the global HR Leadership Team and company leadership, as we strive to be one of the best places to work globally.
Who You Are:
You're an experienced and progressive HR leader. You are a trusted business partner, advisor, coach and mentor. You have a strong consultative style, broad HR working knowledge gained throughout your leadership roles. You have experience working as an autonomous leader managing remote teams, ideally in a fast paced, matrixed media or technology business. Within that environment, you have built and maintained strong relationships with stakeholders across all layers of the organization, including C-level executives. You are pragmatic and innovative in your approach. You are not afraid to challenge the status quo, acting as a role model of our company values (our ‘Leadership Principles’) and best practice leadership. You’re well versed in change management and a strong communicator.
You’re excited about joining an industry leader and to be a part of a talented, driven Global HR team. You are eager to lead a highly committed, collaborative, passionate, highly-engaged and fun-loving group of HR business partners in providing exceptional support to the business. You’ll support and partner with an organization of 1,000 cross-functional employees, based across North and South America (the “AMER” region).
Your Next Challenge:
The Senior Director of HR, AMER, is a role that demands exceptional leadership, professionalism, high EQ and the ability to influence and adapt to a dynamic business and marketplace. We believe that HR is and should be an influential business partner in developing our human capital strategy. We also believe that HR leadership plays a critical role in building and modeling an energized, inclusive and innovative culture.
Based in our Seattle office, you will lead our fun, smart and committed 7-person AMER HR Business Partner team to provide regional strategic and operational expertise for multiple office locations, while partnering closely with the global HR leadership team, as we strive to be one of the best places to work globally. You will also be the strategic business partner for our C-level executive team based in North America. This role demands exceptional leadership, professionalism, high EQ and the ability to influence and adapt to a dynamic business and marketplace. You will report into the Chief People Officer.
- Lead, develop and inspire a team of 7 HR practitioners based across the AMER region to deliver excellent and practical partnership to leaders and employees, adding value to the business
- In partnership with Chief People Officer, develop and execute regional HR strategy and vision that aligns with company goals and organizational needs
- Lead by example across the HR team and broader business, advising on human capital strategy representing our commitment to Leadership Principles, collaboration and creating the highest performing, diverse and inclusive workforce
- Act as a strategic business partner for the C-level executive team based in North America.
- Drive global HR strategy within AMER region, in partnership with the global HR leadership team, ensuring that strategies and programs are aligned with business goals
- Develop strong working relationships and partnerships with your HR peers, as well as internal leaders and stakeholders around the globe
- Consistently exhibit the Leadership Principles in all that you do.
- Champion the Getty Images culture and ensure cultural consistency as the company grows and scales
- Drive organizational change initiatives across the regional business, in partnership with global HR and senior leadership team
- Act as a change agent and proactively recommend practice changes and innovative approaches to address management and business objectives
- Collaborate with the Global HR team in rolling out enterprise-wide projects and initiatives, ensuring that they are locally relevant (i.e. Annual Reward Cycle, Engagement Survey, Leadership Development, Mentoring, Onboarding initiatives, etc.)
- Partner with our Diversity & Inclusion Global Advisory Committee and Program Manager to drive D&I strategy, initiatives and metrics across AMER region
What You’ll Need:
- Curiosity and a drive to effectively partner with leaders across the business
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of diversity and inclusion with direct experience influencing and building culture
- Commitment to excellence and positive attitude
- Proven HR leadership experience, with the ability to build and drive a performance-driven culture across the team, ideally gained in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Sound commercial business acumen with demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking, yet focused on execution and can get into the tactical when required
- Significant direct people management experience while working for a global company, with direct oversight of multiple locations
- Self-motivation/energy – must be able to demonstrate initiative and be proactive with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Passion to contribute and influence at all levels
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to remain objective and diplomatic are essential
- Ability to use data to understand the business, inform decisions and strategic planning and to tell a compelling story
- Ability to demonstrate sound decision making based on the right mix of data and context
- In-depth knowledge of a global HRIS system, e.g. Workday, would be advantageous.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree required
- 10+ years of progressive Human Resources experience, with a minimum 5 years in a leadership role where you have honed your proven people management and leadership skills
- Technology experience and aptitude (Excel, Word, Power Point, Workday, etc.)
Who We Are:
Getty Images is one of the most trusted and esteemed sources of visual content in the world, with over 300 million assets including photos, videos, and music, available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in nearly every country in the world and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful visual content from the world’s best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 250,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events each year, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world’s deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.