Royalties Reporting Analyst
Finance | Seattle
Who we are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and
entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Who You Are:
You are intelligent, curious and obsessed with data cleanliness in systems. You enjoy working with large data sets and are great at finding potential weaknesses and developing and implementing creative solutions to those weaknesses. Because of your exceptional communication and collaboration skills, you’re often the go-to person for both your peers and business partners when they need help.
Your Next Challenges:
- Act as a subject matter expert related to minimum guarantee, collection bonus and royalty advance clauses in contributor agreement language. Track revenue and royalty related to these clauses and ensure proper processing of payments. Partner with other teams such as Image Partner and Accounting teams to ensure they are up to date on the contributor's achievement related to the clause.
- Prepare monthly non-standard royalty reporting for key external partners as needed.
- Responsible for tracking, calculation, and payment for donations which are royalties based.
- Responsible for royalty calculations related to collective licensing payout requests. Collaborate with Sales and Enterprise Reporting teams to identify eligible Contributors and Contracts.
- Responsible for completing monthly royalty non-standard rate audits.
- Responsible for a monthly audit of incomplete contributor setups. Lead cross-team collaboration with editorial operations, creative operations, and legal teams to ensure agreements are received and royalty rates are applied to incomplete agreements.
- Collaborate with the Accounts Payable team on clean-up and maintenance of the royalty aging report.
- Drive clean-up and data maintenance efforts related to contributor systems. Partner with technology teams for bug fixes identified during routine analysis of health checks.
- Frequent ad hoc reporting as requested from Royalty Admin, Contributor Services, Image Partner and Accounting teams.
What You'll Need:
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to learn and understand difficult accounting concepts
- Can conduct moderately difficult accounting activities, such as analysis of accrued expenses, and can exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience preferred
- Ability to be agile, remain focused and make smart decisions in a rapidly changing, often ambiguous environment.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions
- Some knowledge of SQL querying essentials preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience in this field
- Experience in accounting, auditing, or roles involving a high degree of numerical analysis preferred
Education and Certifications
- A./B.S.in Finance or Accounting preferred or relevant work experience including financial analysis
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment that celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.