Software Engineer, Ruby on Rails
Technology | Calgary
Who You Are:
You love developing elegant solutions to complex problems. You are a developer who enjoys coding and find yourself exploring the latest code development practices, platforms and design patterns because it's fun. You regularly read code blogs to stay in touch with the development community and are passionate about finding ways to improve quality, performance and delivery times. You are well established as an excellent individual contributor, but do your best work as a member of an effective team. You have a great mix of technical and soft skills which allows you to excel in a highly collaborative, agile work environment. Software craftsmanship means something to you.
Your Next Challenge:
Be a part of development and maintenance of project code including:
- Take an active role in all aspects of the development life cycle
- Utilize TDD and BDD
- Work within a continuous integration release cycle
- Create and maintain project documentation, in accordance with established standards
- Develop proprietary and open-sourced technologies
- Have impact on the direction of projects and features
- Work in an agile environment utilizing the LEAN/KANBAN process
- Work on a development team that is within a larger technology organization
What You’ll Need:
- Strong understanding of object oriented programming (OO) with real world enterprise web development experience
- Ruby with RoR experience is a must
- Must have experience with HTML5, CSS3 and other front end tools (Sass, Less, etc)
- Experience using Git or a similar version control system
- Strong creative problem-solving ability
- Ability to contribute to cross functional team discussions
- BSc. in Computer Science or equivalent education/experience
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Experience with C#, Visual Studio, PHP or Java is a definite asset
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istockphoto.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost every country in the world and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images' value offering, iStock by Getty Images, offers tens of millions of stock photos, stock illustrations, and video clips sourced from the crowd and available via simple, affordable pricing. A site "by creatives, for creatives," iStock helps creatives and businesses large and small produce beautiful communications on a budget. Combining iStock's exclusive global contributor community with Getty Images creative trend expertise, iStock delivers the company's renowned gold-standard quality, curating millions of premium quality images and videos only available at iStock.
Visit iStock by Getty Images at www.istock.com to find the very best in creative content. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room. Find iStock on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn, or download the iStock app where you can easily search, save and share superior images to create standout visual communications.