Video Content News Specialist
Editorial Content | London
Video Content News Specialist
This is a unique opportunity to join our editorial video team where you’ll be working across video content to grow our video news service and editorial offering.
Who You Are:
You are a technical and highly talented content specialist with a background in working with video content across the editorial industry. You relish rolling up your sleeves, multi-tasking and working real-time in an industry that is hungry for news content from across the globe with a history of doing so. A problem-solver and trouble-shooter with an agile mind you are able to find improvements and solutions, quickly.
Your Next Challenge:
• Managing communities of filmmakers and news photographer relationships – Edit, Guide and support submissions for editorial content creation.
• Creating broadcast/industry quality video for global roster of clients in addition for Getty social platforms.
• Supervising freelance editors and ensuring work flows are in place for large scale editorial events.
• Responsible for sourcing, recruiting, acquisition, and ongoing representation of editorial contributors, filmmakers and video partners.
• Maintain content quality control and provide feedback to videographers and content suppliers where relevant.
• Identifying content gaps and developing new opportunities with contributors and image partners (content suppliers).
• Collaborate with key sales teams to highlight video content and ascertain demand.
• Working with technical team to troubleshoot issues relating to photographer and contributor submissions.
• Provide data and sales reports for video coverage across key events.
What You’ll Need:
• 5+ years relevant professional experience, working for a major broadcaster or agency or news outlet.
• Tech savvy with the ability to edit, create meta-data and upload large volumes of high definition and 4K video.
• In depth knowledge of Premiere Pro CC, including grading, sound mixing and exporting.
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Media Encoder, Photoshop, DaVinci Resolve, Dropbox.
• Strong Knowledge of excel and the use of program tools such as pivot to generate content sale reports and data analysis.
• A passion for global news stories and proven experience at creating either news stories/features/documentary.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with news photographers producers, freelance cameramen, internal stakeholders and large broadcast partners.
Please also feel free to join our LinkedIn group in order to keep up to date with current vacancies and stories about life at Getty, and the organisation as a whole.
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers. Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, colour, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.