Senior Software Engineer – Marketing Operations
Marketing | Seattle
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 200 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 200,000 contributors and hundreds of image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 130,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography.
Getty Images is the starting point for our customers imagery search. Customers are confident that they are going directly to the best source of content, and that Getty's search engine will surface only the most relevant content to them and have the tools they need to refine and explore creatively.
Our customers will be able to communicate effortlessly with Getty Images, in their quest to find the right imagery. Using text, voice, or visual channels, they will have the ability to describe their content needs creatively and thoroughly. Getty Images' search will eliminate the barrier that exists between a creative art director and a technical researcher.
Who You Are:
You are an full-stack developer who always looks to the data to help fuel your decisions and development choices. You are someone with a strongly curious mind that continuously strives to find elegant and effective ways of enabling their partners to make better decisions daily. You are a skilled communicator, comfortable working across various business functions, as well as presenting to all management levels. You flourish in a small team environment, collaborating with other engineers, project managers, and stakeholders to understand the business problems and drive effective technology solutions. You are a self-starter, proactively seeking revenue generating or cost-saving opportunities while effectively prioritizing your workload. You are a proven high achiever, aiming to exceed targets through dedication, collaboration, and teamwork.
Your Next Challenge:
- Design, develop, and maintain original front-end and back-end applications to enable internal stakeholders to make faster, better decisions daily
- Maintain, update, and improve existing web site environments, applications, and services
- Partner with analytics to systematize critical data collections needs for marketing campaign and performance analytics
- Participate in code development by actively writing code and building out various levels of testing
- Develop estimates and schedules on a project or team wide basis
- Diagnose and resolve issues affecting site performance
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum three to five years of relevant experience in web services, application development, and/or relevant field
- Significant professional web development experience using server-side and client-side web programming in a commercial environment
- Knowledge and work experience with public cloud resources such as AWS
- Experience with basic web analytics platforms such as Google Analytics
- Experience with Agile software methodologies and continuous development
- Experience supporting APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfortable liaising with designers, project managers and marketing stakeholders
- Ability to collaborate effectively across a global team
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.