Key Account Executive
Sales | New York
The Key Accounts Executive role is responsible for maintaining and growing revenue through existing client base. The Key Accounts role is the day-to-day contact for key assigned accounts and is responsible for generating revenue by developing custom solutions with Getty Images’ products and services. This sales role must be comfortable with aggressive sales targets and account opportunity development, thus creating future revenue within their existing client bases. This role develops a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors, and maintains a strong, long-lasting customer relationship.
• Grows existing assigned accounts by understanding their business needs and issues and devising effective sales strategies to identify larger opportunities and make recommendations to drive increased account activity through phone, email and chat.
• Handles all aspects of the renewal process for Key Accounts, from contract and customer performance review through negotiations to closure.
• Engages with customers to create opportunities, deepening relationships through customer-facing closing activities.
• Encourages and educates customers to self-serve appropriately.
• Coordinates the involvement of internal personnel, including support, service, and management resources, to reach objectives, trouble-shoot issues, and meet customers' expectations.
• Fosters internal relationships with cross-functional partners in all departments
• Enters accurate customer and sales data into CRM and related systems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Desired 3 years relevant Account Management experience in this field
• Travels to onsite client meetings
• Ability to present solutions, persuade, negotiate and close a sale
• Knowledge/use of MS Office Tools and preferable the MS CRM system
• Advanced computer literacy (Internet, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
Education and Certifications
• Relevant degree preferred
Who We Are:
Getty Images is the world’s leader in visual communication, with over 170 million assets available through its premium content site www.gettyimages.com and its leading stock content site www.istock.com. With its advanced search and image recognition technology, Getty Images serves business customers in more than 100 countries and is the first place creative and media professionals turn to discover, purchase and manage images and other digital content. Its award-winning photographers and content creators help customers produce inspiring work which appears every day in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media.
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of digital media in communications and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit press.gettyimages.com, and for the stories, innovation and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends http://stories.gettyimages.com. Find us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/gettyimages and Twitter at https://twitter.com/GettyImages.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.