Resident Manager - real estate license required
As our Resident Manager for our Honolulu team, you'll take the lead on managing the accounting and financial record keeping of the property, while overseeing the leasing, marketing, and residential relations for the community. We'd love to have you fille this full-time leadership role on teh team. A Hawaii Real Estate license is an essential requirement of this role.
Your role will include:
- Maintaining customer service standards and responds clearly and in a timely manner to residents’ needs and complaints, following through to ensure resolution.
- Investigating resident disturbances, violations, or complaints, and resolves problems in accordance with regulations established in the lease agreements. Sending violation letters and assesses fines.
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following Fair Housing and HUD regulations, handling sensitive personal and financial information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Processing of residential rent payments, verifying and coding of vendor payments, maintaining accurate residential ledgers, and completing month-end accounting processes.
- Partnering closely with internal Marketing team to drive marketing initiatives (social media, networking, advertising, etc.) for various properties, to source prospective residents.
- Meeting and greeting prospective tenants to show the property, explain terms of occupancy, provide information about amenities and neighborhood and determine availability based on individual needs and desires.
- Implementing successful sales and leasing strategies, matching solutions to individual needs that results in leased apartments. This includes negotiating lease terms and preparing or review of appropriate lease documents and forms.
- Responsibility for monitoring and ensuring compliance with income-restricted units, all Fair housing regulations and local ordinances and laws.
- Conducting market surveys, maintaining current knowledge of current market, rents and promotions, building/company policies and security practices.
- Complete property reporting such as weekly leasing reports, and monthly financial reports.
- Creating advertisements that describe building amenities and available apartments, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
- Inspecting and monitoring the property, including common areas and vacant units, on a regular basis and reports any repair or replacement needs to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Supervise property staff in the General Manager's absence.
- Professionally interact with commercial tenants and industry professionals.
- Prioritizing daily tasks to meet deadlines appropriately.
If the following describes you, we want to hear from you:
- Ability to successfully build rapport with potential residents and industry personnel, gaining their trust and respect quickly and easily.
- Ability to diplomatically and skillfully negotiate conversations and influence decisions, winning concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ability to successfully lease apartments, while maintaining the standards and reputation of Gerding Edlen Management.
- Working knowledge of Yardi, MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Excel and Word, with the ability to easily navigate the internet.
- Ability to integrate instruction and training resources into consistent, accurate execution of tasks.
- Ability to synthesize knowledge of systems and resources to embrace unfamiliar tasks.
- Customer focus – dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect.
- Strong and professional verbal and written communications skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and externally.
- Ability to adapt communication style to the needs of the audience, internally and externally.
- Ability to use time efficiently and meet deadlines, prioritizing important tasks and maintaining communication to effected parties, internally and externally. Ability to maintain composure and professionalism under pressure.
- Ability to work successfully both independently and with others, building professional working relationships based on mutual trust and respect.
- Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to efficiently manage administrative elements of property management, including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, successfully resolving problems in a timely manner and with limited direction.
- Ability to follow through on a task when faced with ambiguity and implement a reasonable solution with limited direction.
- Ability to work outside of regular business hours, including evenings, weekends, responding to emergency calls, as required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent required; an Undergraduate Degree preferred.
- Hawaii real estate license required.
- A minimum of three years of experience in the field of property management.
- Experience with income-restricted units preferred.
- Hotel, hospitality or other upscale, luxury service experience is a plus.
- Experience with sustainable building management preferred.
The Green Cities Company has driven innovation in real estate investment management for over a decade through the confluence of environmental, social, and investment value. With this forward-thinking strategy and fully integrated in-house expertise, the firm acquires, manages, and develops office, mixed-use and multi-family assets. Deep experience in select U.S. markets, combined with meaningful attention to ESG considerations, positions The Green Cities Company for enhanced tenant retention and superior operations. This differentiated approach, along with disciplined risk management, encompasses the environmental footprint of an asset, the diversity and inclusivity of its community, and the wellbeing and fulfillment of its occupants and neighbors. Each member of the team is dedicated to a resilient investment portfolio that yields results to the firm’s investors, employees, tenants, and communities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a full suite of benefits to eligible employees, including medical and dental insurance, 401k match, and subsidized parking and public transportation. If interested, submit your resume via the link provided.