Marketing & Leasing Agent
We need your dedicated customer service skills, your savvy relationship-building sales skills, and your ability to build rapport with existing and potential residents at Capitol Hill Station Apartments, the newest building in our portfolio. As our full-time Marketing & Leasing Agent, you will be a valuable member of a talented team, focused on supporting the emerging community through lease-up and stabilization. Your schedule will be Friday through Tuesday of each week, from 9 AM to 6 PM.
Primary responsibilities as the Marketing & Leasing Agent will include:
- Partner closely with internal Marketing team and Manager to drive marketing initiatives (social media, networking, advertising, etc.) for various properties, to source prospective residents.
- Meet and greet prospective tenants to show property, explain terms of occupancy, provide information about amenities and neighborhood and determine availability based on individual needs and desires.
- Implement successful sales and leasing strategies, matching solutions to individual needs that results in leased apartments. This includes negotiating lease terms and preparing or review of appropriate lease documents and forms.
- Assist with resident event coordinating which includes community outreach/partnering paired with company goals and demographic diversity.
- Maintain detailed records of traffic, leasing, move in/out activity and property availability.
- Determine and certify the eligibility of prospective tenants, following Fair Housing regulations.
- Assist the General Manager in the operations, maintenance, and administration of the building.
- Compute applicable lease charges and receive payments according to property controls.
- Conduct market surveys, maintaining current knowledge of current market, rents and promotions, building/company policies and security practices.
- Create advertisements that describe building amenities and available apartments, initiate market research studies and analyze their findings.
- Assist existing residents with day-to-day questions and needs.
- Exhibit a high-level of professionalism and customer service in all customer interactions.
- Communicate clearly the position and status of the property when asked by owners, investors, of other management personnel.Act in accordance with Fair Housing policies and GEM expectations of professional conduct.
If the following details describe you, please consider applying:
- Ability to successfully build rapport with potential residents, gaining their trust and respect quickly and easily.
- Ability to diplomatically and skillfully negotiating conversations and influencing decisions, winning concessions without damaging relationships.
- Ability to successfully lease apartments, while maintaining the reputation of the company.
- Self-motivated, with a drive for results, successfully meeting and exceeding goals.
- Customer focus – dedication to meeting the expectations, needs and requirements of internal and external customers, successfully gaining their trust and respect.
- Thorough knowledgeable of the market and competitors, sales techniques, and innovative marketing techniques.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills (in English), allowing for clear and succinct communication in a variety of settings (phone, in-person and email), and with people of various backgrounds and levels, both internally and externally.
- Proficiency with of MS office, and the ability to successfully and easily navigate the internet.
- Strong planning and organizing skill, with the ability to efficiently manage administrative elements of property manage, including maintaining accurate files and records.
- Ability to think and respond quickly, successfully resolving problems in a timely manner and with limited direction.
- Ability to successfully build and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and externally, finding common ground and solving problems for the good of all.
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure.
- Willingness to work weekends.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum 1 year of experience in a customer service environment.
- A minimum 1 year of sales experience in multi-family, retail, or other relevant industry.
- Hotel, hospitality or other upscale, luxury service experience preferred.
As a pioneer in impact investing, Gerding Edlen Investment Management is a nationally recognized leader in real estate investment management, with over $1.5 B in assets under management. Our mission is to drive returns for our investors by innovating commercial real estate properties across the country to meet tenant values around sustainability, community and health. The firm acquires, manages and develops residential and commercial properties though institutional, co-mingled funds and separate accounts. All of our properties go beyond financial growth measurements to also measure the positive impact to people’s lives, to their neighborhoods and to the environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing a full suite of benefits to eligible employees, including medical and dental insurance, 401k match, and subsidized parking and public transportation. If interested, submit your resume and cover letter via the link provided.