Arrow Senior Living Management believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success in fulfilling our mission to provide exceptional, loving and dignified care. That contribution should not be limited by assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designated to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the individual or the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
Providing exceptional and dignified care first class customer service.
- Present a professional demeanor that communicates a philosophy of service, goodwill, and genuine interest in each resident’s needs.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (ADL) bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, eating and oral care, as listed on the residents Service Plan.
- Provide exceptional customer service.
- Familiarize yourself with residents of the Community, including detailed understanding of each resident’s unique interests, hobbies, history and personal preferences in order to provide exemplary service.
- Promptly respond to resident requests.
- Maintain compliance with all departmental recordkeeping requirements.
- Reports any needed repairs of community-owned property to the Director of Wellness, Care Coordinator or Wellness Nurse.
- Intervenes in situations involving unsafe or inadequate care and reports immediately to the Director of Wellness.
- Promptly answers emergency call system, telephone and paging systems.
- Participates in all scheduled team member meetings, and other community-wide team member meetings as requested.
- Participates in voluntary and mandatory on-going education and in-service training.
- Uses effective verbal and non-verbal communication to present information in a positive and non-threatening way.
- Responds effectively to resident behavior. Uses supportive communication in resident interactions including effective communication skills with residents who have sensory deficits.
- Observes and reports resident physical and emotional condition changes, using appropriate terminology and abbreviations.
- Applies non-sterile bandages/dressings and applies anti-embolism stockings (TED hose) or tubi grips.
- Cares for cognitively impaired residents
- Demonstrates an understanding and support of Resident Rights
- Provides basic emergency care as determined by the emergency needs of the residents by providing basic first aid.
- Performs and completes assignments with established procedures and guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be at least 18 years of age.
- Shall have a high school diploma, or equivalent.
- Able to read, write, understand and communicate in English
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Possesses clear verbal and written communication skills
- Possess sufficient computer skills to be able to print documents and enter information into resident records.
- Professional in appearance and conduct.
- Mature interpersonal skills to work effectively with co-workers.
- Providing quality care to residents.
- Must be criminally cleared.
- Be in good health and physically and mentally capable of performing assigned tasks. Good physical health and free from tuberculosis. Must have a health screening performed by a physician not more than thirty (30) days prior to or seven (7) days following employment.
- Must have dependable transportation and be able to work varying hours as needed.