Research Associate II
At GenMark, we’re changing the diagnostics landscape, combining out-of-the-box thinkers and game-changing technology to revolutionize patient care. Our work atmosphere is dynamic, fast-paced, and patient-focused. We encourage teamwork, while reinforcing the importance of individuality, and encouraging an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Research Associate II will execute a range of molecular biology and bioanalytical procedures, reagent preparation, and laboratory duties under supervision.
You will investigate, adapt or modify experimental methods and technologies for project advancement. A unique opportunity to leverage your background and skills in molecular diagnostics to enhance and build your career by working cross-functionally.
An exciting career opportunity where your contributions will impact business opportunities through successful completion of projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for day to day running of experiments and data analysis in the assay development laboratory
- Conducts general molecular biology tasks, including nucleic acid purification, quantification, amplification and analysis on multiple platforms
- Prepares reagents and solutions as needed, using appropriate procedural and documentation methods, including industry standard good laboratory practices
- Responsible for maintaining stockroom supplies and inventory
- Performs duties under supervision with increasing independence
- Identifies and solves problems in experiments or protocol designs, suggests improvements
- Prepares documents meeting company standards, including data summaries, reports, SOPs and procedures
- Presents work at meetings as required, and proposes new strategies and methods to address immediate and upcoming technical issues
- Reads literature directly associate with assigned project and related areas Interacts with other internal departments, as necessary, to plan and expedite project objectives
Education and Experience:
- S. or M.S. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Analytical Chemistry or a related field
- 3+/0+ years molecular biology or biochemistry laboratory experience post-BS/MS degree
Skills – Technical & General
- Good understanding and hands on experience in biological sample handling, nucleic acid purification, amplification and detection techniques
- Demonstrated working knowledge of scientific principles
- Effective in research design, data analysis, and evaluation of new techniques & procedures for products, systems or technologies
- Exhibits creativity, foresight and mature judgment in conducting projects
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple changing projects and priorities
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Complete work in a timely, accurate and thorough manner
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; preparation of documents, including data summaries, reports and procedures
- Ability to work effectively, exhibit a professional manner and establish constructive working relationships
The essential functions of the job are usually performed in an environmentally controlled facility where the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may involve a combination of office and biotechnology laboratory environments. The employee may be exposed to hazardous chemicals, blood borne pathogens and automated equipment.
While performing the job duties, the employee is regularly required to sit, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee may sometimes be required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
We are interested in every qualified candidate, who is eligible to work in the United States. However, we are not able to sponsor visas at this time.
GenMark Dx does not accept agency submittals. Please do not forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current GenMark employee for review. GenMark Dx is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
GenMark is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind: GenMark is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at GenMark are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. GenMark will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. GenMark encourages applicants of all ages. GenMark participates in E-Verify. GenMark is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.