Junior Discretionary Trader
How You Can Make An Impact
We are excited to offer an opportunity for entrepreneurial and highly motivated individuals interested in gaining financial markets and trading experience through our mentorship program. The ideal candidate has prior professional experience in poker, gaming, or trading with a strong academic background in mathematics or a demonstrated expertise in successfully managing risk via games of chance.
As a Junior Discretionary Trader in our program, you will have customized training and daily guidance from our most profitable Traders to learn the futures markets' intricacies and how to capitalize on them. By the end of the mentorship program, you will successfully capture edge while leveraging our low latency proprietary platform and custom trading tools.
Our Discretionary Trading Team promotes a culture of flexibility and collaboration, focusing on long-term personal and professional growth. We offer our Junior Discretionary Traders a competitive compensation and benefits structure that continues to scale as they grow in their career at the firm.
- Work in a concerted effort with a mentor and other mentees to achieve personal profitability goals while remaining within the company’s defined risk and capital allocation limits
- Research and identify new profitable trading opportunities
- Use strategic decision-making techniques to optimize trade selection, execution, and disciplined risk management
- Complete all phases of the mentorship program with integrity
- Abide by the firm's Trading Guidelines and Risk Parameters Manual, and complete assigned Compliance tasks
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience with a focus on Mathematics, Actuarial Studies, or another quantitative discipline highly preferred
- Prior successful experience in a high-pressured competitive environment (trading, gaming, poker, athletics, etc.) – professional experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated self-starter with a history of mental discipline, calculated risk-taking, and a strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills combined with a team-oriented mindset
- Natural problem-solver with an ability to execute quickly
- Experience with Excel and basic programming languages a plus
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, age, disability, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, national origins, or membership of the Traveller community.