Java Developer - Middle & Back Office Applications
How You Can Make An Impact
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our growing team. This person will be primarily responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of all middle and back-office applications for our next-generation platform. You will focus on all aspects of the trade lifecycle including post-trade allocation, reconciliations (intraday and daily), and settlement. The new platform will be an integral part of our trading system and will touch all aspects of our trading stack including drop copy, market data, risk, and UI.
The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging technology to solve complex technical problems and owning their solutions within in a fast-paced and dynamic trading environment.
- Lead the data processing initiative including data loading, normalizing, and reporting
- Propose and develop applications and tools to facilitate operational efficiency and reduce risk through workflow and process automation
- Design and develop middle and back office systems to ensure data accuracy
- Produce daily and intraday internal reports including PNL reconciliations and settlement reconciliations
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field of study
- 5+ years of experience as a Capital Markets developer
- Demonstrated experience with the design and development of middle and back office applications and systems
- Strong programming experience in Java, and Python required; proficiency with other scripting languages preferred
- Strong experience with Spring Framework required
- Java Message Service (JMS) a plus
- Front end development – Angular/React a plus
- Strong SQL, SQL Server a plus
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Experience with FIX and other drop copy exchange APIs
- Highly self-directed with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attract individuals with the drive to innovate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.