How You Can Make An Impact
Geneva Trading is looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial students to join our DevOps internship program next summer. Our internship program is a fast-paced, dynamic 11-week program that gives you hands-on experience in the trading industry. Our interns are expected to design solutions to complex problems and work on projects directly impacting the firm.
- Optimize existing scripting and tooling to implement nice-to-have features across the domain
- Collaborate with Senior DevOps Team Members to learn and offload project features
- Hands-on experience with project planning, architecting, and modern CI/CD principles
- Opportunities to deploy, present and experience your solutions in a mature trading system
Our interview process consists of a first-round interview with the hiring manager and a final interview with the team. The summer internship program is a proven path to earning full-time opportunities at Geneva Trading after graduation.
What You'll Need
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s degree program focused on Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- Strong understanding of the Python programming language, data structures, and algorithms
- Conceptually understanding of design patterns and scalable system architectures, defensive coding styles and techniques, ability to identify technical requirements and code design strategies to solve them
- Basic familiarity/curiosity of the Linux operating system
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve and can independently research solutions and communicate technical problems effectively
- Conceptual understanding of monitoring metrics, and the role alerting/monitoring plays in effectively monitor infrastructure.
- Ability to document processes and procedures in enough detail to enhance knowledge sharing.
- Graduation dates between Fall 2023 and Summer 2024
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.