Software Developer (Python)
How You Can Make An Impact
We are looking for a Software Developer with strong Python experience and familiarity with C++ to join our growing team. This person will partner with our Chief Software Engineer to design and implement a comprehensive automated testing framework. This is a unique opportunity to make an immediate impact and drive change across the organization. After a successful implementation of the new framework, you will have the opportunity to pivot and support other critical development projects across the firm.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and has strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Partner with Chief Software Engineer on the comprehensive architecture and design of an enterprise-wide, automated testing framework
- Own the development, migration, and implementation of the new testing framework
- Collaborate with infrastructure and trading development teams to ensure the test suites achieve proper code coverage
- Implement a comprehensive regression and Continuous Integration (CI) test suite
- Review test cases to assess technical risk and compliance
- Assist in reproducing defects and perform test gap analysis
- Support the hand-off to a dedicated resource that will manage the framework when you pivot to other critical development projects
What You'll Need
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or another STEM-related field of study
- 5+ years of hands-on Python programming experience within a financial services environment
- Demonstrated experience with C++
- Familiarity with building significant scale projects in Python from design to execution
- Experience with Network programming (TCP/UDP, Multi-cast, etc.) and IPC
- Experience with FIX and other exchange APIs
- Experience building exchange API simulators
- Prior exposure to testing frameworks - Behavior Driven Development BDD) or Test-Driven Development (TDD) highly preferred
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attract individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.