Software Developer - Java
How You Can Make An Impact
We are looking for an entry-level Software Developer to join our growing team. This person will partner with our Software Architect to design, implement, and maintain all middle and back-office applications for our next-generation platform. Our middle and back-office applications support all aspects of the trade lifecycle, including post-trade allocation, reconciliations (intraday and daily), and settlement.
The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex technical problems within a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Lead the data processing initiative, including data loading, normalizing, and reporting
- Propose and develop applications and tools to facilitate operational efficiency and reduce risk through workflow and process automation
- Design and develop middle and back-office systems to ensure data accuracy
- Produce daily and intraday internal reports, including PNL reconciliations and settlement reconciliations
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field of study
- Prior internship experience in a financial services environment or relevant academic project work
- Programming experience in Java and Python required; proficiency with other scripting languages preferred
- Experience with Spring Framework and SQL required
- Java Message Service (JMS) is a plus
- Front-end development – Angular/React is a plus
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Highly self-directed with strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative environment
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.