Senior Software Engineer (C++)
How You Can Make An Impact
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team. You will focus on developing our next-generation trading platform where performance and flexibility are the cornerstones of our solution. Through a highly collaborative approach, you will work on various areas of the tech stack, including trading strategies, order routing, market data, etc.The ideal candidate is passionate about leveraging technology to solve complex technical problems in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Design and develop complex algorithmic trading systems and drive the delivery of our next-generation platform
- Build and maintain ultra-low-latency trading strategies and trading tools
- Proactively look for areas to improve our existing system, reducing complexity and improving performance
- Work directly with team members to incorporate enhancements, design solutions, and implement new trading applications in a clean, concise way that continues to decrease latency for execution edge
What You'll Need
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or STEM-related field of study
- 5+ years of hands-on C++ programming experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Distributed systems, multi-threaded programming, and operating system optimization
- Developing low latency / high message rates systems
- Writing multi-threaded / concurrent applications
- Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu experience is a plus) and libraries such as STL or Boost
- Python or a similar scripting language
- SQL queries, updates, table creation, and basic database maintenance
- Strong communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, with a natural tendency to share knowledge with others and work collaboratively
- Strong organizational skills, including the ability to effectively plan and prioritize time to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to take ownership of projects and responsibilities
- Able to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.