How You Can Make an Impact
Geneva Trading is seeking a Quant Analyst to join our Operations team in our Chicago office. As a key member of the Operations team, you will work closely with our traders and be an integral part of improving our workflow through automation. The ideal candidate has a strong academic background and excellent analytical skills.
What You'll Do
- Develop a strong understanding of our proprietary systems
- Evaluate our current workflow and propose solutions to increase efficiency with a strong emphasis on process automation
- Create tools and dashboards for internal trade monitoring
- Model, analyze, and optimize existing and new tools.
- Assist in the development and implementation of analytical models to provide insight into the firm’s various trading activities
- Work directly with traders and senior management on escalated operational issues
- Perform daily trading reconciliations and other post-trade activities, including investigating and identifying the root cause of trade breaks
- Partner with our accounting department to ensure that they receive detailed reconciliation reports
- Manage external vendor relationships
- Manage ad hoc projects and requests on a day-to-day basis
What You'll Need
- BS or MS degree in a STEM-related field of study with a solid academic record required, Computer Science/Financial Engineering degree preferred
- Up to 2+ years’ experience - financial services experience is a plus
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Experience with programming languages such as Python, SQL, or R/Shiny is strongly desired
- Knowledge of SQL Server or another relational database required
- Software development in R, Python, and SQL are required
- Experience using GIT for storing, tracking, and collaborating on software projects
- Experience developing dashboards in R, specifically with large-scale datasets and multiple database connections
- Web framework experience is a plus
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Modern practices such as Collective Code Ownership preferred
- Experience using asynchronous/parallel concepts in Shiny or Python is highly preferred
- Solid understanding of traditional financial markets or cryptocurrency a plus
- Experience in machine learning is a plus
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.