How You Can Make An Impact
As a Systems Engineer on our team, you will assist with designing, implementing, and maintaining our global trading infrastructure. The ideal candidate has superior communication skills, a desire to solve problems quickly in a fast-paced environment, and experience taking projects to completion in an organized manner.
- Design, maintain and deploy Windows infrastructure
- Be the point of contact (POC) and subject matter expert (SME) for all Microsoft Products and services.
- Develop dashboards, alerts, and automation of tasks using Splunk, Zabbix, Grafana, etc.
- Manage NAS/SAN storage environment, including data protection and off-site backups
- Oversee server and desktop hardware builds and standards, including overclocked servers
- Troubleshoot and resolve critical server and storage-related problems as identified by Levels 1 & 2 support and through responding to automated monitoring alerts
- Monitor and manage system capacities and proactively address resource constraints
- Provide leadership in the building process, procedures, and documentation for infrastructure deployments and operational support. This includes, but is not limited to, defining server build and decommission procedures, documenting server build standards, and drafting infrastructure and/or application architecture diagrams.
What You'll Need
- B.S. in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar field of study
- 5+ years of experience in infrastructure and data center support with an emphasis on Windows systems
- Financial services experience highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience n the following areas:
- Win10, Server 2012-2019 Administration and troubleshooting
- Remote Desktop Protocol tuning
- In-depth understanding of Active Directory, DNS, and Group Policy
- Python, PowerShell, Bash scripting languages
- Automation of infrastructure builds with Git/BitBucket.
- Datacenter operations, server hardware, DCIM
- Linux (CentOS or similar)
- Deep understanding of monitoring and management tools such as Salt, Splunk, or Zabbix
- Ticketing systems (JIRA) and wiki tools (Confluence)
- Able to lift up to 65 pounds and travel to local data centers daily, if needed
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attract individuals with the drive to innovate and have led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.