Senior Software Engineer - Trading Applications
How You Can Make an Impact
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will partner directly with a collaborative team to optimize our current and new suite of trading tools and applications. This person will work alongside a group of talented and passionate individuals in designing, implementing, and owning solutions to exciting problems. The ideal candidate is looking to have a significant impact on a hands-on, performance-driven team.
- Lead the design and development of new trading tools and applications in a clean, concise way that continues to decrease latency for greater execution edge
- Identify possible enhancements to our current suite of tools and applications
What You'll Need
- BS or MS in Computer Science or STEM-related field of study preferred
- At least 5+ years of low-level C++ programming experience including C++ 11/14/17 required
- Prior experience with distributed systems and multi-threaded application design and development required
- Prior experience with the design and development of trading tools and applications in a financial services environment required
- Demonstrated experience working with Linux (CentOS or Ubuntu experience is a plus) and libraries such as STL or Boost required
- Prior script development experience, preferably with Python, and previous SQL experience, including queries/updates/table creation/basic database maintenance required
- Experience designing intuitive API interfaces and shared toolsets is a plus
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.