Junior Quant Trader
How You Can Make An Impact
Our Jr. Quant Traders work in a concerted effort with other global team members to achieve team profitability goals.
- Work with team to support the trading desk during core trading hours
- Managing positions and capitalize on trading opportunities
- Monitor and troubleshoot our proprietary software and trading infrastructure
- Use systematic and analytical skills to anticipate problems and proactively formulate solutions
- Analyze trading performance and financial time series data with fundamental statistical theories
- Manage risk and utilize detailed knowledge of all risk procedures
- Work closely with Traders, Quants, and Developers on projects and other ad hoc requests
What You'll Need
- Advanced degree in Finance, Economics, or a STEM-related field of study
- Prior experience as a Junior Trader at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund, or other financial services firm preferred
- Demonstrated success in competitive environments (i.e. poker, chess, athletics, etc.)
- Working knowledge of game theory, options theory, and derivatives products
- A calculated risk-taker with experience monetizing opportunities in financial markets
- Demonstrated experience writing and implementing statistical ideas in Python, R, C++, Q (kdb)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on gender, civil status, family status, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, age, disability, race, color, nationality, ethnicity, national origins, or membership of the Traveller community.