Trader (Asian Shift)
How You Can Make An Impact
The hours for this position are 3:00 pm to 1:00 am CT Sunday - Thursday.
We are looking for a trader to join our team and build upon our current automated trading operation during the Asian shift. The ideal candidate has prior systematic trading experience with a market making team.
- Support the trading desk by monitoring proprietary trading models, staying up-to-date on model changes, responding quickly to market activity, and managing global risk for our trading portfolio during the Asian shift
- Partner with Sr.Traders on data-driven projects that increase our trading presence across global financial markets
- Analyze trading performance and new market opportunities using fundamental statistical theories
- Monitor and troubleshoot our proprietary software and trading infrastructure
- Collaborate with our technology team to understand, maintain, and improve our low-latency trading systems
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in STEM or a related field required
- Prior experience as a Junior Trader at a proprietary trading firm, hedge fund, or other financial services firm preferred
- Advanced knowledge of derivatives products and financial markets is highly preferred.
- Experience writing and implementing statistical ideas in Python or R highly preferred
- Demonstrated success in competitive environments (i.e., poker, chess, athletics, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to work well in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.