Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst
How You Can Make An Impact
As a Senior Quantitative Risk Analyst on our team, you will play a key role in the firm's success and work in a collaborative, dynamic environment. The right candidate will lead the development and application of analytic tools and techniques to enhance our robust risk management framework. This role will report to the Managing Director of Risk and work closely with other members of the global risk team and traders.
- Monitor risk on a real-time basis, leveraging our monitoring and analysis framework to identify and communicate important risk-related information to traders and management
- Model, analyze, and optimize existing and new risk tools, such as VaR and stress tests
- Develop and implement analytical risk models to provide insight into the firm’s various trading activities
- Interpret and utilize quantitative results from risk reporting efforts and communicate these effectively
- Use sound judgment and decision-making ability, including the confidence to challenge assumptions and enforce risk limits
- Work directly with traders and senior management on escalated risk issues
- Engage with trading teams to understand and model their approach to risk
- Perform risk and performance studies using SQL, Excel, and R/Python, often with extensive scripting and statistical analysis
- Maintain an ongoing understanding of trends and concerns in the markets and how they relate to current positioning/strategies
- Develop and mentor junior members of the Risk team
What You'll Need
- Advanced degree in a quantitative discipline (physics, finance, economics, econometrics, statistics, mathematics, or equivalent experience)
- 5+ years of experience with strong working knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a range of techniques to evaluate and represent financial market risk, including Historical Simulation, VaR, Scenario Analysis/Stress Testing, Greeks, Option profiles, etc.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with R, Python, and SQL preferably in a Linux environment is required.
- Modern practices such as Collective Code Ownership is highly preferred. Web framework experience is a plus.
- Solid understanding of futures and options trading (Fixed Income, FX, Equities, Commodities, etc.) and their Greeks
- Knowledge of US, European, and Asian derivatives markets
- A deep understanding of statistical methods and experience employing optimization libraries and statistical packages (e.g. R, Python, or Matlab)
- Strong database skills. Experience with kdb/Q is a plus
- Ability to handle high-pressure situations
- CFA or FRM is preferred
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attract individuals with the drive to innovate.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.