Quantitative Trading Internship Program
How You Can Make An Impact
Geneva Trading USA is looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial students to join our firm as full-time Quantitative Trading Intern during Summer 2021. The paid internship will start with a 12-week commitment but will have the potential to be continued remotely, as well as a high possibility of becoming a full-time opportunity upon graduation.
During your internship, you will have the opportunity to experience what life is like as an employee at Geneva Trading and work with others across the organization on meaningful projects. Our interns are expected to design solutions to complex problems and work on projects that directly impact the firm.
Join us for a hands-on internship that will immerse you in the high-frequency trading industry!
- Model, analyze, and optimize existing and new trading opportunities
- Develop and enhance tools to understand key drivers and indicators of profitability and risk
- Answer questions for the trading desk, with the goal of providing imperfect information
- Data mining for new trade opportunities
- Monitor and interact with live trading strategies
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in a related technical or quantitative field, MS degree highly preferred
- Understanding of statistical methods and experience employing optimization libraries and statistical packages (e.g. R or MATLAB) is a plus
- Programming skills in C++, R, or Python and experience with KDB/Q is a plus
- Exposure to forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks, or support vector machines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Experience in or understanding of financial markets
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.