Trade Support Engineer
How You Can Make An Impact
As a Trade Support Engineer, you will become an expert in our suite of trading applications during our Asian Hours operations (Sunday - Thursday). You will provide front-line production support to our trading teams and pull from a variety of your professional experiences to find permanent solutions. You will also serve as a critical liaison between all parties to resolve issues quickly.
The ideal candidate has a strong sense of urgency, interest in the financial markets, and solid communication skills across all disciplines.
- Develop critical knowledge to become a subject matter expert (SME) for all internal trading applications
- Work with Traders to develop their mastery of our desktop trading applications and updates to the software
- Support all proprietary trading applications, work through the change release process and deployment, troubleshoot and escalate to the DevOps and Development team when necessary
- Work with Traders to quickly troubleshoot any issues that may arise
- Lead the troubleshooting of desktop and server trading applications during your shift; review log files to find application issues
- Continually manage and tune monitoring tools to prioritize alerts
- Develop scripts to automate basic tasks as needed
What You'll Need
- At least 5+ years of experience supporting applications for electronic trading systems required
- Basic understanding of the terminology used in a trading environment required
- Prior experience supporting critical, high-performance applications, process monitoring, and troubleshooting required
- Strong Linux and Windows experience required
- Prior scripting experience with Python, Perl, Bash, etc. required
- Superior verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with a continuous desire to improve current technology, operations, and support functions
- Demonstrated ability to pick up and understand processes, concepts, and technology quickly
- Proven ability to consistently meet deadlines and take ownership of projects
- Natural curiosity and desire to understand the “why” of a problem and how potential solutions impact the big pictures
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago, Dublin, and Singapore. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence. Our flat organizational structure and casual environment attracts individuals with the drive to innovate and has led to our consistent success.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.