How You Can Make An Impact
At Geneva Trading, we rely on our creative and innovative technology professionals for more than just ensuring speed of trading execution. Our technologists help us look at the financial markets differently and seize opportunities that are not readily apparent. As a technical talent expert, you will partner with our leaders in shaping our existing technical recruiting strategy as we navigate this rapidly evolving global talent market and manage the entire recruiting lifecycle for all technical openings across the firm. If you are passionate about building winning teams and designing solutions that optimize talent attraction and recruitment, this is the right opportunity for you.
- Own full lifecycle recruiting and administrative tasks for technical openings across the firm, including software engineering, DevOps, data science, and quant trading
- Develop recruiting programs to attract, identify, and source candidates globally with a strong focus on quality and diversity
- Proactively build robust candidate pipelines for critical roles through traditional and advanced sourcing practices, driving internal and external referrals, partnering with external agencies, etc.
- Build strong relationships with technical leaders to deeply understand their teams and the current and future hiring needs of their department
- Partner with Recruiting Manager and department leads to build and execute a recruiting strategy that delivers short-term hiring goals and long-term growth objectives
- Act as a talent advisor for technical leaders, including monitoring market trends that impact target talent pools and communicating recommendations to help inform, support, and guide strategic decisions
- Track market compensation and communicate data to the leadership team regularly
- Build and maintain relationships with contingent and retained recruiting agencies with an emphasis on ensuring that they have a solid understanding of our culture and candidate expectations
- Work with hiring managers to determine optimal offer structure and design closing process based on candidate motivations
- Partner with Recruiting Manager on projects, such as developing and refining processes for evaluating technical talent, expanding our employer branding efforts, updating our tech stack, competency-based interview training, etc.
- Research, identify and collaborate with other members of the HR team to build out diversity and inclusion programs
- Partner with the talent development team to align campus recruiting efforts and internship program training with long-term skill requirements for technical teams
What You'll Need
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- 5+ years of experience sourcing for technical positions across multiple teams in a fast-paced environment
- Prior experience at a recruiting agency or FinTech startup is highly preferred
- Strong understanding of all full lifecycle recruiting components, including sourcing, qualifying, networking, and assessment
- Passionate about creating a strong candidate experience and making sure that it is at the forefront of all recruiting activity
- An effective negotiator with a track record of creating win-win situations; handles confidential compensation information with professionalism and integrity
- Naturally curious with a desire to gain a deep understanding of our technology and core business
- Team player with a strong sense of urgency and accountability
- Able to remain calm, poised, and solutions-oriented under pressure; thinks of setbacks as an opportunity for growth
- Comfortable with receiving and delivering direct communication and feedback
- Confident yet consultative approach when presenting recommendations to department leads, especially when pushing the boundaries of what’s considered possible
- Able to build strong relationships and influence employees at all levels of the organization
- Able to handle competing priorities and communicate timelines to key stakeholders
- Quickly adaptable to evolving workflows and technology
- Strong desire to win and succeed yet understands that no one is more important than the team
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.