Quant Trading Intern - Summer 2023
How You Can Make An Impact
We are looking for ambitious, entrepreneurial students to join our quant trading internship program this summer. Our internship program is a fast-paced, dynamic 12-week program that gives you hands-on experience in the trading industry. Our interns are expected to design solutions to complex problems and work on projects that directly impact the firm.
- Model, analyze, and optimize existing and new trading opportunities
- Develop and enhance tools to understand key drivers and indicators of profitability and risk
- Answer questions for traders by quantifying the quantifiable and using inferences when data isn’t perfect
Our interview process consists of a technical assessment, phone screen, and a final round interview with the team. The summer internship program is a proven path to full-time opportunities at Geneva Trading after graduation.
What You'll Need
- Master’s degree in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Computational Finance, or a STEM-related field of study
- Understanding of statistical methods and experience employing optimization libraries and statistical packages (e.g., R or MATLAB)
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Overwhelming desire to solve problems and learn about market microstructure, financial markets, and algorithmic trading
- Exposure to forecasting and data mining techniques, such as linear and non-linear regression analysis, neural networks, or support vector machines
- Prior experience with relationship databases preferred
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.