Quant Risk Intern - Summer 2023
How You Can Make An Impact
As a Quantitative Risk Intern you will enjoy a hands-on experience in manipulating and modeling our risk data. Working with our quantitative professionals will introduce you to real-world scenarios. The results of the project will be used to enhance our robust risk management framework. You will report to the Chief Risk Officer and will work closely with other members of the Risk team.
- Model, analyze, and optimize existing and new risk models
- Perform risk studies using Python, R, SQL, and KDB
- Work closely with other members of the risk team
- Learn about the various duties and tasks managed by the Risk Department in an international proprietary trading firm
Our interview process consists of a technical assessment, phone screen, and a final round interview with the team. The summer internship program is a proven path to full-time opportunities at Geneva Trading after graduation.
What You'll Need
- Master’s degree in Financial Engineering, Financial Mathematics, Computational Finance, or a STEM-related field of study
- Understanding of statistical methods and experience employing optimization libraries and statistical packages (e.g., R or MATLAB)
- Strong programming experience in Python
- Strong working knowledge and hands-on familiarity with a range of techniques to evaluate and represent market risk (e.g., PCA, historical simulation, VaR, scenario analysis/stress testing, greeks, option profiles, etc.)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Desire to learn in a fast-paced, collaborative, and entrepreneurial environment
- Prior experience with relationship databases preferred
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global proprietary trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to the improvement and optimization of our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.