IT Support Analyst
How You Can Make An Impact
As an IT Support Analyst on our team, you will be the first point of contact for all support-related inquiries and requests from our traders, tech, and corporate staff. As such, we are requiring that this person come on-site to our Chicago office at least one day per week.You will be responsible for both local and remote user support and work closely with the rest of our IT Support team to provide excellent service to the business. The ideal candidate has superior communication skills, a sense of urgency, and the ability to take projects to completion in an organized manner.
- Provide daily technical support to all levels of the business, including C-Suite, Partners, traders, technology, etc.
- Partner with the IT Support team in both on-site, hands-on hardware support and remote workstations
- Handle IT ordering, receiving, tracking, and managing inventory
- Update all Windows desktop systems, including but not limited to PC/server HW/OS builds, software updates, upgrades, permissions
- Lead new hire onboarding and provisioning
- Monitor and respond to all ticket requests in JIRA, escalate to the appropriate department when necessary
- Maintain good documentation in Confluence
- Manage global server replacements and coordinate with data centers
- Participate in weekend data center work when needed
- Work smart through automation using Python, Bash, PowerShell, and other scripting tools
- Develop dashboards using Splunk, Zabbix, Grafana, etc.
- Liaise with third parties for open issues
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Networking, or similar field of study
- 2+ years of experience with desktop support and troubleshooting systems in a financial services environment is highly preferred
- Experience with Win10 Administration and troubleshooting, Office 365, AD/LDAP
- Hands-on experience working in a data center and colocation facilities
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking, WiFi, VPN service
- Prior scripting experience in Python, PowerShell, Linux CLI, or Bash
- Exposure to Splunk, Zabbix, and other monitoring and analytics tools
- Experience with ticketing systems (JIRA) and wiki tools (Confluence)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment
- A strong sense of pride and ownership in work product
Who We Are
Geneva Trading LLC is a global principal trading firm founded in 1999 with offices in Chicago and Dublin. Our dedication to improving and optimizing our best-in-class proprietary technology allows our firm to compete on all levels in the global trading industry. We pride ourselves on a collaborative culture of integrity, trust, passion, and dedication to personal excellence.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.